By Melissa Pitts
A classic essential for summer! This is an easy and refreshing drink made with just pineapple, water and sugar. There are infinite possibilities for aguas frescas such as tamarind or watermelon. For a fun twist, you can rim your glass with some chile and sugar (see recipe). Adding a splash of vodka never hurt anyone either, Happy Monday and salud!
Cook Time: 1 minute
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Yields 4 servings
- 1 pineapple, roughly chopped (or about 2 cups)
- 2 1/2 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or to desired sweetness
- 4 tablespoons Tajin or, sugar lime topping (see recipe)- optional to rim glasses
- 1 lime wedge to wet the rims of the glasses
- Put the pineapple and water in a blender and process until smooth.
- Strain into a pitcher until all the liquid has been squeezed out. Toss pineapple solids.
- Add sugar and stir–add more sugar if needed.
- Wet the rims of the glasses with the lime wedge and dip glass into the Tajin– if using
- Pour over ice.
**For sugar, chili, and lime topping, click here.
Flaming Tortillas is dedicated to bringing the best of Latin cuisine, culture, and food news to your kitchen table. It features what’s in season right now, favorite recipes from all over Latin America and fresh cultural Latin events around the country. Follow us on Twitter and get the latest news on Facebook.