Dulces De Halloween: Cuban Lunch Candy Bar
Halloween weekend is officially upon us! Along with costumes and pumpkin carvings comes our favorite part of the holiday, the sweets. After years of raiding candy bowls for the best pre-packaged and mass produced treats, this year we’re making our own candy to bring to the Halloween parties.
This recipe was selected for incorporating some of our favorite ingredients – chocolate, honey, peanut butter, butterscotch and POTATO CHIPS into one amazing goody. Enjoy and let us know what you think!
Cuban Lunch Candy Bar
- ½ cup honey
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 ½ cups peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups peanuts (toasted and medium ground)
- 1 cup potato chips (lightly salted, crushed)
1. Place the dark chocolate, honey, butterscotch chips and peanut butter in a medium-sized bowl and
melt slowly over a double boiler. It takes around 20 minutes.
2. Whisk the mixture until completely melted and fold in the peanuts and potato chips.
3. Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the mixture into your hand and gently form a ball. Make 20 balls and
place them into small paper cups. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Recipe from The National Honey Board
[Photo By The National Honey Board]