Only a few things are so easy and quick to prepare than eggs. And if we talk about a mix of mexican flavors, a mexican scramble could be the most traditional one. White onions, tomatoes and green chile are combined together, as in the mexican flag, to an amazing savory version for eggs. This dish is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner and you can always have a side of refried beans and corn tortillas to make a perfect meal! Enjoy!
Yields: 2 portions
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 white onion, diced
- 1 plum tomato, without seeds and diced
- 1 serrano chile, without seeds and minced
- 4 eggs, beaten with 3 tbsp of milk
- cilantro for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- refried beans to serve
- corn tortillas to serve
- On a medium pan, over medium-high heat,heat the oil and sautee the onions for about 3 minutes, until traslucent. Add the tomatoes and chile and sautee for 3-4 minutes more, until the tomatoes begin to change its color.
- Lower the heat and add the beaten eggs. Scramble until desired consistency, like folding them. The more you fold, the more cooked the eggs will be, and if you mix constantly, they can end up dry. So be careful.
- Serve immediately with some chopped cilantro or cilantro leaves, refried beans and corn tortillas. Enjoy!