By Aurora Ibarra
Although summer is still a month away, beautiful corn cobs are now in every supermarket. So, why not start enjoying summer dishes early? A bite of this salad will instantly transport you to a sunny summer day! Serve with quesadillas for a complete meal.
Cook Time: 5 mins
Preparation Time: 10 mins
- 1/2 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 1 ear of corn)
- 15 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- sunflower or canola oil
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil on a small pan over medium heat, add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté until slightly browned. Add the corn kernels and cook for 2 minutes more. Let cool.
- In a big bowl combine the onion-corn mixture with the rest of the ingredients.
Flaming Tortillas is dedicated to bringing the best of Latin cuisine, culture, and food news to your kitchen table. It features what’s in season right now, favorite recipes from all over Latin America and fresh cultural Latin events around the country. Follow us on Twitter and get the latest news on Facebook.